Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Friday, January 22, 2010

 

Need A Miracle

It was a gloomy morning as rain drops spattered on the window panes. The weather was cool and nice…but it looked like everyone (except the two young ones) was up early or perhaps, they did not even sleep the night before. While I was travelling to work in hubby’s car, I was filled with emotional thoughts as I was gazing the gloomy skies. Tear welled up my eyes eventually. I was emotionless the day before as I watched my in-laws’ dog, Girl Girl dying in my mil’s arms. The vet told my mil that could be her final days. I was sad to hear that of course but not to the extent of shedding tears. Honestly, I never like Girl Girl…but I don’t hate her. I presume there is a disguishment between “don’t like” and “hate”. She was not my type as I always felt she was being pampered who ate salmon and slept in an air-con room. Who cares whether she is a spoilt brat or not as I am not the rightful owner anyway? My in-laws treated her like a baby, lavishing her with dog treats and toys. Please don’t misjudge me. I don’t hate her. It is just my observation that my-laws love her a lot. It is not wrong to love your pet.

Anyway, when I came to know her condition, I was shocked. She was just another active dog in the neighborhood. A few days ago, she had a fever. And, my mil brought her to the vet. She was prescribed with antibiotics and fit to go home. A few days later, her condition deteriorated and mil brought her back again. This time, the vet told my mil to prepare for the worst due to her existing heart condition. So, it was heart failure. The vet was not going to do anything so as to let Girl Girl passed on in peace with her loved ones by her side. Anyway, she is 12 years old. However, my instinct told me to seek a second opinion. So, I searched the Internet for a hospital besides Mount Pleasant Animal Clinic along Whitney Road. I had an unpleasant experience with them a few years ago. So, I will not go back there. In the end, we brought Girl Girl to Animal Recovery Centre along Balestier Road. Hmmm…Their staffs were very professional. The vet explained Girl Girl’s condition to us very clearly and suggested her to be hospitalised. However, we did not pin much hope on Girl Girl to recover as the vet said all dogs with similar condition that she had seen last year, all died. However, I believe miracle will happen. Of course, I pray to my one and only mighty DaddyGod that a miracle will happen. Here I am praying for a miracle that Girl Girl is able to pull through and be able to live another few more years. Amen! Am I selfish to prolong her suffering? Or, should I just ask the vet to put her to sleep? Seriously, I can’t bear to do it. And, what if it is against Girl Girl’s wish to put her to sleep? My in-laws dote her so much and I don’t think she bears to leave them. Tough! And another concern would be the hefty hospitalisation bills that may skyrocket as days slip by. The charge for hospitalisation per night is $80 (excluding doctor’s fee, x-ray and blood tests). And, Girl Girl needs to be given oxygen which a tank costs about $170 that lasts for only 6 hours. So, she may need a few tanks…who knows! Friends, please pray for Girl Girl. At least, let her see my fil one last time.

My fil will soon be flying home from Guangzhou. God bless.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Archives

August 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   April 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   March 2007   April 2007   May 2007   June 2007   July 2007   August 2007   September 2007   October 2007   November 2007   December 2007   February 2008   March 2008   April 2008   May 2008   June 2008   July 2008   August 2008   October 2008   November 2008   December 2008   January 2009   March 2009   January 2010   March 2010   May 2010   July 2010   December 2010  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Name: giN cHuA
Location: SiNgApoRE

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

***i'M iN LoVe ;)***

Affilliated

Ghim Moh Sec
Temasek Polytechnic
Jack Russell Mania

Fun Games

Dai Pai Dong
Diner Dash
Grow Cube
H.K. Cafe
Mini Room Maker

Friends

Michael (Hubby)
Angie & Dave
Audrey
Danlin
Juli
Joelle*Isabelle